Forums / Media / Video Games

38,904 total conversations in 2,726 threads

+ New Thread

Apparently, the studio behind the infamous The Day Before (or at least someone pretending to be them) is back with a new hit

Last posted Sep 28, 2024 at 02:05PM EDT. Added Sep 26, 2024 at 06:43PM EDT
6 posts from 5 users

I just got sent this and I thought it's so hilarious that more people should know about it, hence this thread.

Remember Fntastic, the controversial company behind the notorious scam masquerading as a game known as The Day Before from nearly a year ago? Well, it looks like they are back, "sincerely apologize for everything that happened", claim to have learned from their mistakes and reformed, and need your support for their next game: Escape Factory! It's supposed to be a smaller, physics-based co-op game for 4-8 players and they appear to be trying to raise $15,535 to kickstart it.

To be fair, they already have a free demo for this game on Steam so I guess it's not nothing, but even if they are being legit I don't see how can they possibly hope that people would ever trust them again. Assuming it's actually them of course and not someone who managed to take over their accounts or something.

Either way, I find this development to be pretty amusing. Now all we need is for Concord to be reworked and brought back and this year will be complete!

Even before the The Day Before (lol), their entire portfolio was sketchy as fuck, quickly abandoning games shortly after release. Fntastic can go get fucked.

Also, it's funny, the blatant scam game generated far more genuine interest and player count than the Concord ever did by mile. It's telling there is a sizable market and demand for this DayZ schlock still.

Hauu! You must login or signup first!